What we do
Gathering Allies provides financial and logistical support to Indigenous groups working to revitalize their culture and re-occupy their traditional lands. Our current geographic area of focus is the lands and waters of Indigenous Nations of the Pacific Northwest.
We aim to maintain a Solidarity Fund that both well-established and newly-formed initiatives can draw from when immediate needs arise. We recognize that the funds raised by grassroots Indigenous-led campaigns are often quickly allocated for a specific established purpose and our goal is to have a reliable fund available for critical, immediate, and potentially unanticipated needs.
Financial support includes
- Funds for tools and supplies needed to maintain an action site or project, including building materials, food, and fuel
- Travel subsidies for Indigenous leaders and their spokespeople to visit other communities, share their experiences, and meet potential allies
- Funding for events held to disseminate the experiences of Indigenous leaders and their spokespeople
Travel subsidies to Indigenous persons traveling to support these projects
Logistical support includes
- Organizing venues and event planning
- Coordinating and screening volunteers
- Gathering requested resources